Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Diaper Deal of the YEAR!!

This has got to be the BEST diaper deal I have ever seen. It took me a little while but I was able to do it just as this site said and here's what I got (you're not going to believe it):

12 Jumbo packs of diapers (4 each of sizes 2,3,and 4)
2 boxes of breast milk storage bags (25 in each box)
1 box of 12 condoms (hey we like them close but not THAT close :))
1 bottle of bug spray
1 mens deodorant
1 package of Skittles

And my total.........................................................................................................................................



37.68!!!!! (this includes tax!) it would have been even cheaper but I didn't have the pharmacy coupon the first time so I had to pay a little more.

So here's how it works, you buy 3 packages of the Walgreens brand jumbo diapers (make sure and get the Jumbo and NOT the Mega). They are on sale this week for $5.99 but then there is a $5/2 coupon in the EasySaver book (these are located right when you walk in with the weekly ads) and also a $2/1 coupon in the coupon pamphlet they give you for INQUIRING about their pharmacy discount plan. It doesn't make sense but when you use the EasySaver one it actually takes $2.50 off each package and then the other one also take an additional $2 off each one. After tax your total for 3 packages of diapers is $5.58 and you will also get a Register Reward for $5!! So you can get approximately, depending on the size, 100+ diapers for $5.

Now here's what I learned while trying to get this to work

#1. not all stores have the pharmacy coupon. The one on IL does and New Shackle said they would get them by the end of the week @ the latest. Lesley at the NS store is super sweet so if you need help ask for her.
#2.you can not roll the RR into your next purchase of diapers because their system is setup to not print another RR for the same thing. I did 4 separate transactions for the diapers and then used the RR for the other items.
#3.you can only use 1 RR per transaction. This means I did a total of 8 transactions but that's ok!
#4.don't tear out the coupons. Because they are Walgreens coupons they don't have to put them in their drawer so they can just scan them and you can keep them to do more transactions.

A big thanks to Brea who told me about the deal and also received several calls as I tried to get it all figured out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about doing that deal, but I was a little hesitant because I don't know how the diapers will hold up. Can you let me know if they hold up well?
Hope you are doing well!
Maggie

Anonymous said...

I got some of the pull-ups yesterday from there yesterday...great deal!

Anonymous said...

Wow, not sure what just happened with that last comment. Anyway, we tried the pull-ups last night and they seemed great!