Thursday, April 3, 2008

What a day

Do you ever have those days that you think are going to be "normal" and then they end up crazy? Yesterday was that day for me. Actually it started out pretty normal but that was only until about noon. I started the day getting myself and the girls ready because I had a regularly scheduled Dr.s appointment and planned on stopping by and seeing a friend who had just delivered while there at the hospital. I took the girls over to the in-laws, who were gracious enough to watch them for me, and while there found out that Jeremy's grandmother had been taken to the hospital the night before due to pneumonia. I just added that to my list of things to do while at Baptist, went home to meet up with a friend that was going with me, and then headed to the hospital. The trips to the different locations at the hospital went smoothly and I was even able to see the renovations to the new maternity ward that I will soon be staying in for a few days. *sidenote* the new rooms are really nice and although the bathroom seem smaller I think they look really nice.

After we left the hospital we decided to get lunch before we both had to go and pick up our girls. We drove around a little and then decided on the new Cracker Barrel. Okay to be honest, I instantly got a craving for it once I saw it and we HAD to stop! Anyway as we were getting seated I saw some people that I knew and hadn't seen in a long time so I went over to say hello. This is a new concept for me because when we lived in WH I never saw anyone I knew and now pretty much anytime I go out I see at least one familiar face. We talked for just a minute and then I went back to order. While sitting there I noticed a guy at a table behind us that looked really familiar but I jut couldn't place where I had seen him. Don't you just hate it when you KNOW you know someone and just can't figure out from where? I kept boiling it over in my head and then it hit me...HGTV! I had my friend look, without being too obvious, and sure enough we both knew that was who it was. I could have left it there but something inside me said just ask and make sure so I asked our server if she knew who he was. Of course she didn't, she was probably 18 and like any 18 year old watches HGTV but I did convince her to ask him if that was who he was. Amazingly it was and he wanted to know who was scooping him out :) which became obvious once the girls came over to tell us we were right. He did come over and speak after his meal and was really a nice guy. See guys it was true, HGTV is in the area!!!

I wish I could say that is where the eventfulness ended however truth be known it's where it began. After lunch I picked up the girls and we went home to play outside some. They absolutely love being outside so I let them play on the deck while I started getting dinner ready.
Jeremy had just come home and we were discussing some issues he had the night before with his sleep, deciding on if he was going to go and see a Dr., when Gracie came to the door crying. I looked at her and she had gashed her head open! It was obvious she needed stitches so I called Jeremy's mom to see if we could bring Carleigh back over while we took Gracie to get her head taken care of. We packed everyone up, got in the car, and then realized that neither Jeremy or myself had our keys on us and that we had locked them inside the house. He hopped in the car (we keep the key in it...don't ask!) went to his parents for the extra house key and then came back so we could be on our way. We decided to just go to the Urgent Care so that we could get both of them looked at at the same time, not to mention faster than if we went somewhere else. As we had suspected Gracie did have to have stitches, 8 I think, and thankfully they said that Jeremy is just having some sleeping issues which we hope to solve with medication. The funny part of the story is that we told Gracie if she was really brave and still while they put the stitches in we would take her to Chick-Fil-A, get her a Sprite (she rarely gets Sprite), ice cream, and let her play on the the playground (we never actually go in so this was a big treat). Well after we left the clinic and were in the car Gracie said "if Nena (Jeremy's grandmother) is really good at the hospital she can go to Chick-Fil-A and get some chicken, a Sprite, and some ice cream!" Oh don't you just love the heart of a child.

I just hope we don't have any more eventful days for awhile! :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

Oh wow, Sarah. So glad that Gracie is ok. How did she get the gash in her head? Hope the excitement dies down for you guys for a while. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Gracie got a boo boo - but uhm, WHO was the HGTV dude? You sounded like you remained calm, I can see that in you. I think I would have flipped out. Guess Mama Bear kicks in though...glad she's okay.