Sunday, April 20, 2008

Election year???

Is 2008 really an election year? No, I haven't been hiding under a rock, I do realize that it IS an election year, but this time is so different from past elections. Here it is the middle of April, only 7 months left, and we have yet to know who the top 2 candidates are? I know we hear about the top 3 every night on the news-who said this, who did that, blah, blah, blah-but when are we going to get to the REAL stuff? To be honest I'm not crazy about any of them running this time but I also don't know where to go to get the true answers to where they stand on issues, such as their voting record. Does anyone know of a website to find it out? I'm also not looking forward to all the ads that end with "I'm ________ and I approve this message" but the leader of our country is a big deal and it just bothers me how flippant we've (as in our country) been this time. We are in the middle of a war, economics are shaky, gas prices are outrageous and the next person who comes into office is the one who will be handed all of this to sort out. So my question is, what is your opinion on this subject?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sarah!

Here's a website we've used:

http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460

(You may have to copy and paste.)

There's a 14 question quiz. After you've completed it, you will see how the concerns of each candidate match up with your own. Then, if you click on "View Candidates Positions & Sources", you will find detailed explanations behind each answer they've given. I hope you find this helpful! :)

I'm not excited about the prospect of any of these three taking office, either! :(

TinyJr said...

What do I think? Not alot on this issue. None of the "three" seem to have any potential to be a real leader. I think people do not care because no one who really cares about this country's future is running. It simply is about title and popularity from what I can see. Being a pessimist, i would say we are on a fast track to becoming a laughing stock in our world.

Who will I vote for, who knows. Maybe you Sarah! You probably could do a better job than any of the "three."