Monday, April 7, 2008

Casseroles

I think that casseroles have become my new favorite meal especially in this delightful Spring weather. What other meal can you throw a bunch of stuff together in a pot, throw it in the oven, and then go outside and play until it's ready. Personally I don't like slaving over the stove (probably because I'm not good at it) and I've found with casseroles they typically make enough for Jeremy to have left overs the next day for lunch. It has also become evident to me that very shortly we will be adding another member to our family (it's sort of snuck up on me this time) and I'd love to have something quick and easy to make for dinner. Here in lies the problem...I only have a couple of casserole recipes. So I'm asking you to help me, can you please share your favorite casserole recipe? You can either leave it as a comment here or if you have a blog post it there but be sure to leave a comment telling us to check it out. Does that make sense?
To start things off I'll post my favorite...Mexican Chicken casserole.

4 cooked and shredded chicken breast
1 can Rotel tomatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1 onion chopped fine
1 TBSP chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups shredded cheese
1 regular size pkg. Doritos

Line casserole with 1/2 bag crushed Doritos. Mix Rotel, soup, broth, garlic, chili powder, and onion with chicken. Pour 1/2 of mixture over chips and then top with 1 cup of cheese. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.

This is really yummy and with the different flavors of Doritos they have now (I usually just use the original kind) you can try different ones to make it taste unique. Also, if you like lots of cheese like I do you may use more than 2 cups. I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Susan said...

This sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing it.