Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shout outs

Whether it is our Realtor, my hairdresser, mechanic, or whoever, God has really shown me lately how he's blessed me by putting certain people in my life and I want to share some of them with you.

Ray Carman @ Priority One Real estate and Auction. Yes he and his wife Katie may be our closest friends and more like family, but let me tell you this man knows his real estate. He did a fantastic job selling our old house and I couldn't have asked for a better person to do negotiations on our new house. There aren't many people I trust to help us with such a big decision and more than that even fewer that I would recommend to anyone else but Ray definitely leads the pack. If you have any real estate needs I highly recommend giving him a call and tell him I sent you!

Rachel @ The Looking Glass. This is the lady that does my hair and let me tell you she is a God send. I have to drive somewhat of a distance (30-45 minutes) but it is well worth it. She works our of a small building in a small town but it is just perfect for me and my girls. Rarely are there more than 10 people in the place (3 of which are me and then girls and another 3 work there), there is a small area for the girls to play, and I assume b/c it's a country town she charges 1/2 of what I used to pay for my hair to do me and both girls. If you would like to check her out let me know and I'll get you her number.

Joe@ Hendersonville Transmission. We finally had to take Helga (our van) in the other day to get looked at, expecting that the transmission would have to be replaced. Originally we took it to a guy in White House but he said that he didn't do that and recommended Joe. Boy am I glad he did. It's really hard to find a good reliable mechanic these days that doesn't charge an arm and leg but H'ville Transmission fits the bill. We took her in on Wednesday and dropped her off to be looked at Thursday. When Jeremy called to tell me what they found and how much it was going to cost all I could say was "Praise God". Come to find out it was some part that had to be replaced that with labor and all was about 1/4 of what we were expecting to pay and we got the van back on Friday. She now drives like a dream, even at 145,000 miles!

Brea @ Encores and More North Consignment Sale. I really can't describe how much of a blessing this sale is to me. Not only do I get to spend some time working with some great people and having some adult time but by doing so I get blessed with credit to spend on items I find at the sale. Thank you Brea for your 40 hour worker program (there is a waiting list but contact her if you want to get on it) because it too helps me be able to stay home with my kids but also dress them in cute outfits. She does this sale twice a year and believe me if you've never been you are truly missing out.

Even now as I type this I am amazed at how time after time God blesses me with people. The ones listed above all have businesses but there are countless others that have been put in my life, even if just for a moment, to encourage me, love on me, or teach me. I pray that I too am doing that for others.

No comments: