Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Catching up #1

I have so much to post but right now I'm going to let you in on my little shopping trip to, well you know where. Seriously I think the whole trip was only 15 minutes long but it was a NIGHTMARE.

So I had to run by Wal-Mart to pick up a few items to get through until the end of the week when I'll do my big trip. Anyway, Carleigh fell asleep in the car about 10 minutes before we got there and was COMPLETELY out taking her into the store. I was hoping to just literally run in and run out but Gracie had to pee so that called for a stop in the bathroom. Just after leaving the bathroom Carleigh woke up. I didn't think it was going to be a big deal since I only had literally under 10 items to buy but little did I know that somewhere between the car and bathroom she had become possessed. I have no idea where the child from that point on came from but I can tell you it wasn't pretty. She obviously HAS to have her nap because once she was awake she wanted down and OUT of the buggy. I had her sitting in the front part, which she proceeded to try and fling her self over the side, into the back, or over the handle. I tried to hold her and that didn't work and by no means was I going to let my 18 month old just walk around the store. I know the people around me thought all sorts of crazy things because she was out of control. I even had 1 lady from church come and ask me if i was going to be okay. Oh I can't tell you how frustrated I was with her. you might ask, did I discipline her? YES! But it only made things worse. This girl wanted to go to sleep and did not want to be in that buggy. Even at the cash register, the attendant had to hold her because I was trying to keep her from busting her head on the floor while trying to check out my groceries. All I wanted to do was scream and tell everyone "I am a good mom. I do discipline my children. She just needs a nap".

Never again will I look at a mom with a screaming child in public the same again. Please tell me I'm not the only one that has had this happen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH GIRL! I, too, look at "those moms" so differently now since I have graduated to becoming one! Naps are serious business in "our business" and NOT to be messed with! You must have been a pitiful sight at that dreaded place. It's just the season we're in, I keep telling myself.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I think we have all had that happen at one point or another. I had to carry Munchkin out of Chickfila from the bathroom to the car screaming her head off. She screamed almost all the way home before passing out about 2 blocks from home. It was one of those moments where nothing I could have done to her would have helped. Don't worry, most people probably understood.....maybe.... :)

Susan said...

We have been there too- more times than I'd like to admit. Target seemed to be my boys store of choice to fall apart in when they were younger. :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the real world. Sometimes, no matter what you do, they have a mind of thier own!!! Thanks for making me laugh, though, cute story!! Holley