Thursday, August 16, 2007

House and PT updates

First to the house...currently we have had no showings however just Tuesday we did have our first call of inquiry. We are staying optimistic considering it did go on the market the week school started back and it has been 100+ degrees so who wants to look at a house with all of that going on? Probably in the next week or so, if we haven't had anymore calls, we will drop the price just so that we are a little more competitive with what's around us. If for some reason it hasn't sold by about Thanksgiving then we will take it off and wait until the Spring. God does have a plan for us and like I've said before, He hasn't said "no" but He has said "wait" so we're waiting!!

Now to potty training. Can I just say I'm a little frustrated. The first part of the week went well, only 2 accidents per day. On Tuesday she woke up dry, stayed dry through her nap, looked like it was going good..but then pooped and went pee pee in her pants. Today on the other hand has been nothing but frustrating. First thing she went pee in her pants and then within about 30 minutes pooped too. I'm resorting to a friend's tactics of making her clean it up when she does it. Hey she knows exactly what she needs to be doing and how to do it, why should I be the one punished in cleaning it up. Hopefully soon I will have a good report....keep praying for patience!! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well honey, your not "being punished" your just the mommy that's all. I had McKinley clean up her peepee accidents. You know it seems by day 3, I was in your shoes. I was really at my wits end b/c it seemed to be going downhill instead of uphill. But something about that day with all the accidents, she finally clicked and things turned around. Give her some grace, she's been going in a diaper for over two years, even though we think this should be quite easy, it's so new to them still. Hang in there and give her LOTS of PRAISE when she does good! Hope to see you Friday night!?

Sarah said...

Kim you're right...I'm not being punished but at times it sure can feel that way. My children are such a gift from the Lord and as well as getting to spend time with them...even if it potty training. :) Thanks for that reminder!!

Anonymous said...

I wish you could see how frustrating Raygan is being. The road is the same. Great the first day, but downhill from there. Katie I think is going to go bald (what a mental picture!) I keep encouraging her with, "Hey, she will get it, at least by the time she is 13!" (WHAT A NICE GUY i AM) Keep it up and "GO GRACIE!)"