Sunday, March 25, 2007

Legacy

We were on our way home this evening from eating dinner with Jeremy's parents when the song "Legacy" by Nicole Nordeman came on the radio. This song always make me think. Some of the words from the song are.

I want to leave a legacy
How will they remember me?
Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough
To make a mark on things?
I want to leave an offering
A child of mercy and grace who
blessed your name unapologetically
And leave that kind of legacy


How will you remember me? If I was to die tomorrow how would my girls remember me? I know it may sound a little morbid, but seriously have you thought about it? There are no guarantees that you have tomorrow...how would you be remembered? What kind of legacy are you going to leave behind?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see how much you are growing as a Godly Mom; it is a sign of Christian maturity when you start thinking of how you can be an inspiration to your children and help them to grow into whatever the Lord has planned for their lives. I am very proud of the way you are growing as a Mom and as a Christian. I think Gracie & Carleigh would know their Mom loved them and was a Godly influence in their lives. My prayer for Gracie & Carleigh is that they will know and accept the Lord at an early age and will continue the legacy for years to come!

Love,

Ninnie

Miriam Naomi Brant said...

I asked Justin this very same question after church on Sunday. I think about Christ's death and the "legacy" He left for us. While I know I will never be perfect like Christ I want to be sure my life points to Him. I can say this without hesitation that your life points to Christ. Those who know you know without a doubt where your "treasure" is. :)