Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Potty training

Oh how excited I am to share this post with you!! As some of you know I AM a Nazi mom and it's my policy that I don't allow my kids to go to "school" aka MDO until they're potty trained. This started with Gracie because she was so close to "getting it" and kept asking to go to school like her friends that I finally told her that she couldn't go until she was wearing big girl panties. Well as you know once you start something like this it's only fair that you carry it out for all of your kids thus it also became the policy for Carleigh.

Carleigh loves taking Gracie to school and will often times ask when she gets to go as well as demand that she also take her backpack and lunchbox when we go to drop Gracie off. She is such a funny girl! I could tell she too was getting close to "getting it" so I had planned on during Spring Break to go into hunker down mode, turn EVERYTHING off, and have a potty training bootcamp. Well to my surprise Carleigh decided that she's ready for big girl panties THIS week!! We went all day yesterday in big girl panties with NO accidents (this included a trip to and from Lafayette) and so far today the same thing. I do have to remind her that she needs to go in there and she is wearing a diaper at night but I am so proud of my little girl.

She couldn't have picked a better time though because this morning I went and registered her for school!! (she got the last spot for the 3 day young 3s class). It was funny because when I came home and told her she was getting to go to school she thought I meant today. She went to the landing, got her shoes, put them on and said "I go to school!"..mind you she was also in her jammies! :) Sweet girl, not today but in a couple of months.

1 comment: