Sunday, April 19, 2009

Mommy to Mommy

As I mentioned in my last post we're going to Florida in a month and we haven't been since Gracie was a baby so I have no idea how to pack. I was hoping that my blog buddies could help me out! Let me give you a little background so you know what I have to work with. First of all my kids are ages 4, 2 1/2, and Harrison will be a year old when we leave and we're going with Jeremy's parents (Thank you Harold and Cindy!!!!). We're staying at a resort that is on the beach with a mini water park on location, bunk beds for the girls, and a washer and dryer.

I have a tendency to over pack but I'm really hoping to cut down on some of that this time so we don't look like Shriner clowns going on vacation. :) This is where I need your help

1.how many swimsuits/towels for a 1 week trip? I was thinking 2-3 per kid
2.traditional lotion or the spray kind?
3. floaties or life jackets?
4.pool shoes or just flip flops/Crocs?
5.take your own sand toys or buy them there?

Is there something that you feel is a Must Have for the beach? Is there anything that you thought you'd use and didn't or vice versa? Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I say buy the sand toys there and toss them when you are done. Are they gonna use them here? I guess if they have a one of those sand toys then you could, but if you want to pack light, then I would do that. Please do not do the life jackets! :) Just my opinion, I don't care for them. I like the spray lotions too, except for the face with the little ones. We are going in July and Miss Mollie I think has a swimsuit for everyday we will be there, I went a little crazy, but they were great deals! HA!! All I think about are the pictures!! I'm already planning out our trip in my head as well! Let me know how you do!

Heather said...

Oh, but please put floaties on your kids as I do not want to hear about you on the news!

Kim T. said...

OH Sarah! I'm about to rock your world. I put my FL pack list in excel last year and saved it. I'm going to email it to you. Yes I'm a geek! We took the kids twice to the beach last year so I worked out the kinks pretty well I think.

I'd do two bathing suits for everyone, that way if one is wet you got a dry one. And one towel for each. Everything will dry overnight for next day's use. I don't think you'd use life jackets, I'd take whatever toys & floats you'd take to the pool here. I'd take your own pool/beach toys just whatever you got. But I would highly recommend trying to budget to get some lounge chairs/umbrella from your property each day, otherwise more to pack & transport. I'm a huge fan of shade on the beach! Otherwise I do have umbrellas & chairs you'd be welcome to. I like rub on lotion to get everyone a good base of protection, the (aerosol) spray is nice at the beach so you don't rub sand but don't forget feet & faces! And whatever sandals are easy & comfortable - crocs would probably make great beach shoes b/c they'd stay on walking in the sand.

Brea said...

Hey girl,

I have a WHOLE bin of beach toys that haven't been used in years. Would love for you to come and get them. I also agree with Kim...budget for those chairs with umbrellas on the beach. They are a lifesaver and you will definitely want some shade. I'm SOOOOO jealous!

P.S. I am like Heather, I take a million swimsuits only b/c I have them cause I get them so dirt cheap. If you have them, take them is my opinion.