Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Let the workout begin!!

I am so excited I can hardly stand it...I just found out yesterday that we're going to the beach in 4 weeks!!!! However this also means that the workout is officially in high gear along with the need to tan, making lists of what to take, and all the other stuff that comes with going on vacation. We haven't been to the beach since Gracie was 3 months old. trust me ladies this was not a good idea on my part, I've very surprised that ORRCA wasn't called out! :) So here we are literally 31 days from departure and my goal is to lose 10 pounds...that's doable, right?!? I've had several people ask me what I'm doing so here it is:




This is one of the trainers, Jillian, from The Biggest Loser. I have LOVED this workout! It is a 20 minute workout consisting of a warm-up, (3) 6 minute circuits (3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs), and a cool down but let me tell you she gets you sweating. I have been saying for awhile now that I wanted to join a local gym but with 3 kids it just seemed ridiculous to get everyone dressed, loaded, unloaded, to their room just so I can workout. I CAN find 20 minutes in my day and the girls love doing it with me. As far as diet my plan is very simple...cut out cokes and french fries and drink more water. I just don't see the point in changing all of my eating habits. I mean if you have to go completely away from what you know what happens when the diet stops? Back in January when I first started, I only made it 2 weeks b/c of sickness and other stuff, I lost 5 pounds in 2 weeks and have managed to keep it off. I will keep you posted on how this goes!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl! You can come over to my gym and we can workout together! I have an elliptical, treadmill, bike, and weight machine!
Amy W

Anonymous said...

Hea, it says up to 20lbs in 30 days; so I think 10 is definitely possible. Good luck!

Glad you are excited to go; I can't wait.

Cindy

Brea said...

I'm thinking ole Amy has an idea...and I'm totally inviting myself. I am FAT. I am GROSS. It's time to do something. What do you think???

Susan said...

I have about five weeks till we leave on vacation- you've inspired me to go for 10 lbs!!! I may have to pick up this dvd today! I know you can do it Sarah! Can't wait to read your updates