Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Have your voice heard!!!!

I'm not one to normally get caught up in politics but the recent government bailout has got me intrigued. I hate to say that I'm unsympathetic but I just don't understand how the government is justifying this. I am sympathetic to those who had a life change thus resulting in possible foreclosure but to the person who didn't have a job and obviously was never going to be able to pay their mortgage...um not so much. I mean what about those of us who do pay our mortgage on time? Will we be getting a Christmas bonus for behaving correctly? no actually the government is wanting to penalize us and make us pay even more to help out those companies whose CEOs are making millions....not sure that adds up to me.

With that said, as I was listening to Dave Ramsey today he laid out a plan, that seems pretty simple, allowing Congress to help the nation's financial situation without spending $700 billion dollars. You can listen to it here...it's short~like less than 10 minutes. After listening I hope you will go here and contact your Congress men/women telling them "NO" to the $700 billion and to change the accounting rule "mark to market".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally understand, don't get Matthew started on this subject. His CPA mind is going crazy on this!