Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A busy, busy weekend

I don't normally do weekend updates but we did so much this past weekend I thought I would share it with you. On Friday I got out early (10am but hey it's early for me!) and went to Kohls to do a little shopping. My mother in law had an additional 30% off coupon that she graciously allowed me to use too so I was able to get some great buys. Afterwards we drove through Chick-Fil-A for lunch (gas at this time was still $3.49 per gallon) and then off to Wal-Mart for more shopping. Once we got home I put the kids down for a quick nap and then headed off to my nephew's birthday party in Springfield.

On Saturday morning we got up and started doing things around the house preparing for Carleigh's birthday party @ 3pm. For those of you who know me, you know that I can be somewhat of a procrastinator so at about noon Jeremy's mom came over so we could go and finish our shopping. Yes here it was 3 hours prior to the party and we had yet to purchase the birthday girls' gift so the first stop was Target. I had done research the night before on what we wanted to get her and found Target to have it about $20 cheaper, however once we got to the store realized they didn't have it so off to Toys 'R Us we went. Luckily they had plenty so we grabbed it up, purcahsed it, and off to the next store. The next hour or so went like this...balloons, cake and chips, buns, cups, and ice cream. Yes 5 stores in an hour and a half all but 1 in Rivergate on Saturday around lunch. I'm telling you it was nothing short of the grace of God that we were able to get it all accomplished so fast!

By 3 I was already worn out but excited for the party. I'm not really a crafty person so we just had over family and a few friends who were more than happy to play outside. We did the traditional hot dogs, chips, cake and ice cream, and then a pinata. Unfortanetly I don't have pictures of hitting the pinata because the batteries in my camera died :(. Here though are some random pictures of the day.......









Thank you to all who came and celebrated with us...we love you guys!

On Sunday Jeremy and I "celebrated" 6 years of marriage. I say it that way because we really didn't do anything but lounge around the house until it was time for us to go to a wedding. A friend of mine that I've played softball with for about 4 years was getting married. I told her that she didn't have to throw us such a big party for our anniversary but she insisted so we took her up on her offer! :) It will be fun sharing an anniversary with them as they are a really fun couple....congratualtions Kevin and Lacey! Here are a couple of pictures of us at the wedding....and no I can not take a good picture to save my life.



So there you have it, a whirlwind of a weekend but spent with family and friends we love...I wouldn't change a thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at you...you sexy thang!