Friday, August 22, 2008

Thank God for the mess!

My heart has been so heavy the last couple of weeks for families that I have never personally met however they have impacted my life. Just yesterday I read the words that a little boy I was introduced to by Ashley's blog and have been praying for has gone to be with Jesus. This little boy only turned 4 on Wednesday and left this earthly place on Thursday. Oh how my heart aches for his family. I can not imagine what they have gone through these past 10 months but I do know through it God has been glorified. As I sat last night and processed it, especially with my oldest being 3 1/2, I wondered "why us? why us God that we would be so blessed to have 3 healthy children?" I'm not saying that in any way I would wish this on our family; on the contrary I selfishly pray that God will not ask this of me, but why? I know the answer to the question and I know that God too is hurting for this family but like most things it still baffles me.

The words of Joseph's mother though on the latest blog post are what are impacting me the most. Here's what she says.....

Now we are left with the pain, the memories, the knowledge that there will be no soccer games, no first day of school, no more cars and trains strewn all over the house. Oh, how I will miss that. How I will miss being needed. He has been my job, my responsibility for the last four years. My life has been devoted to raising him, loving him, teaching him, being there for him, protecting him. Even after he died and he was lying back there on our bed, I felt the need to be with him as others said goodbyes. He always wanted me with him and I felt I needed to protect him and make sure he was all right with people coming in. I feel like my other half is gone. He has been my constant companion. I always felt like he needed me so much, and sometimes I wished he didn't. Now I realize I need him too.

If you're reading this say a special prayer today for Joseph's family and hug your children tight. If there are toys everywhere and your kids are driving you crazy PRAISE GOD! for you have healthy children. Lets not take the small stuff for granted anymore.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this, Sarah.

Anonymous said...

WOW, I just got chills and big tears! I had read that from Ashley's blog too. So very sad.
Amy Williams

Anonymous said...

WOW. how very sad. i too, feel so very blessed to have three very healthy children & what a reminder to not take them for granted. although, this mother was very blessed too for her life to have been touched by this angel; even if for only 4 years.

my heart goes out for this family.