Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tests

And no I'm not talking about pregnancy tests!! Ha! A couple of weeks ago my Pastor preached on James 1~trials and tests. It was a great sermon and one of those that you tuck away until that time of need. I never expected, foolish me, that I would have to get it out so quickly. It seems like over the past couple of weeks Satan has really been trying me in many different areas.....friendships, the sport I love, and even my marriage. Out of the blue it has all seemed to hit me at once so tonight I went back to James. Oh how wonderful the God I serve!!!! Right there in black and white He's laid it out that it WILL happen and what to do....

Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. 4 But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing.

5 Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him.

He also gives a promise to those who endure the test...

12 Blessed is a man who endures trials, because when he passes the test he will receive the crown of life that He has promised to those who love Him.


Thank you Lord Jesus that you allow me to go through these tests!! In each and every situation I pray for your wisdom, guidance, and endurance to run the race before me. Show me where I need to change and where I fail, O Lord, so that through this YOUR name shall be praised.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing pains..unfortunately we do ache when we grow. Keep growing and pruning the dead limbs off. Growth is evident in your willingness to Stop...Look...and Listen...keep pressing on. :)

Miriam Naomi Brant said...

Having been through a year of tests, trials, and just plan ole valleys I am sure of these things......GOD IS REAL, GOD IS IN CONTROL, and HE WILL NOT LET YOU WALK ALONE! I feel blessed to have been tested so that I know how wide is His reach, how deep is His love, and how mighty his Grace. I now have a chance to give Him the glory He deserves for the awesome changes He has made in my life. Hang in there sister!

Anonymous said...

Your grip is getting tighter! And His is sufficient for all your days. Thanks for sharing in the journey, and I'm proud to call you friend!

Laura