Friday, June 22, 2007

First haircut

With Gracie now being almost 2 1/2 and her hair reaching to the middle of her back I thought it would be a good time for her to get her first trim. Yes I said trim! Not once since she's been born have scissors touched her hair so I didn't know what to expect. I called my normal girl and made us both appointments. I thought if she saw mommy getting her hair done (as she has since she's been born...yes I always take her with me) she would feel like a big girl when it was her turn. She did great as she waited her turn but once it was time she broke down. I don't know if it was sitting in the chair by herself or what but she freaked out. After a little convincing and giving her the Ring Pop I had bought earlier in the day she calmed down. I sat in the chair with her and then she let Rachel cut her hair. Not much was taken off, you would probably never know if I didn't tell you, but it did help to bring some of her curls back.

And yes I will take the "Worst Scrapbooking Mom of the Year" award as I forgot my camera to capture this glorious event. Hey she still has more hair.....I'll get it next time!!!

No comments: