Friday, June 8, 2007

Helga???

Yes dear ole Helga. At first I wasn't so sure about her but now she has really started to grow on me. Who is she? My minivan!!! Right at a year ago Jeremy and I were on edge as far as what we were to do about getting a bigger vehicle. I really wanted to get an SUV however I didn't want to take on a car payment because that would mean I would have to go to work after Carleigh was born. Let me just tell you GOD is so good. I had gone over to a friend's house and on a spur of the moment trip was told that she wanted to sell her minivan. I then went into the how much, anything wrong, are you serious type of questions that I like to ask. Here's the cool GOD thing...Brea told me that it was such a blessing when they bought Helga that her family wanted to return the blessing and charge under KBB for the van. I couldn't believe it, the price they were charging we had in savings and could pay cash without having a car note!!! I'll be honest with you and did not like the thought of me driving a minivan at the age of 25 ( I know I know) but since it was something we could pay cash for I sucked up my pride and we bought the minivan. It did take Jeremy about 2 weeks before he'd drive her but now she's becoming part of the family. I can specifically remember the time that she gripped my heart the hardest. Last fall we took at trip to Gatlinburg with Jeremy's parents and on the way home she only used 1/2 tank of gas. WOW! She's a friend for life. Oh I forgot to mention where her name comes from....you see when I bought her from Brea her name was already Helga (the hooptie) and it was the one stipulation to the deal~I can't change her name. It fits her so why would I want to? Thanks Helga for just being you!!! ;0)

3 comments:

Brea said...

Yes, my dear sweet Helga went to a good home. No one should be surprised that a) I named our car and b) I made you keep the name. In case anyone is wondering, my Yukon XL is Betsy (the Beast) so whenever someone adopts her later down the road, the said name shall be kept.

We just bought a car from Ray and Katie....I need a name. Hmmm...possibly a new blog subject?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Brea, are you ready for someone to adopt Betsy?? I do love the Yukon!

I sucked up my pride and have been driving the van for over 2 years and we almost have it paid off. We bought it because we needed a bigger car and we got a great deal from Mike. So since the ripe ol' age of 25 I have been a mini van mom. I know that it is only a small chapter of my life, but know I am thinking that chapter is done!:)
It's nice to know the story behind Helga, thanks for sharing!!
Heather

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Good ol Helga. Ok, so you and Brea need to help me with a name for our new vehicle...if Bobby doesn't name her first. I think he is going to get to drive it most of the time.