Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pickle

Do you know what a pickle is? A vegetable(?) that some people eat whole and others put on a hamburger. NO!! A pickle is when you are playing softball and you get stuck between 2 bases with the other team throwing the ball back and forth trying to get you out...aka a run down. So tonight I endured my very first pickle. I have always wanted to get into a pickle but after tonight I think once is enough. So let me play it out for.....I can't remember if I was on first or second when the ball was hit but I do remember rounding 3rd just as the ball was thrown home. The catcher bobbled the ball so I thought I would take home, however I slipped on my attempt. Their catcher then came to tag me so I went back towards 3rd but she threw the ball so I went towards home again. Are you getting the picture? The funny thing that happened on my second attempt home was that my legs became like Jello so as I headed in that direction they (my legs) decided they didn't want to work anymore. I literally crawled/fell onto home plate laying flat on the ground.....SAFE!! That's all I really needed to hear. Like I said I'm not so sure I want to do that again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I wish I could have seen it...Exciting! Are you sure this was your first pickle?- Angela

Rachel :O) said...

it looked almost professional!! lol it was awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I don't know of another gal who'd have loved to be in such a pickle as you! Sounds like you got the job done!

Anonymous said...

Instant replay?? That's hillarious!

Laura