Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm a great neighbor

So I have to tell you this funny story that happened tonight. We have these great neighbors that live behind us. We go to church together and our kids play together so it works really well...up until they decided to move. They are scheduled to close on the house tomorrow and Jess came over to chat for a few minutes. She has this really bad habit of leaving her keys everywhere so when she went home I realized she had left them on the kitchen table. Through dinner Jeremy and I discussed what we should do. First I thought maybe we should just go up there, get in the car, and drive off. No that wasn't what I wanted to do. I knew they were in there packing so I decided to hit the alarm button on her keyring to set off her car alarm. I tried it a couple of times but it didn't seem to be going off so I went outside. I acted like I was cleaning the grill while I hit the button. I could barely hear the alarm but I saw her husband looking out the window. I went inside, opened the kitchen window and continued to hit the alarm, let it go off a couple of minutes, and then turn it back off. I was having a great time, especially when I saw her husband go to the car and check. Shortly into my little game Jess called to see if she had left her keys at the house. My first response was "no, why?" Obviously she knew the alarm was going off and she couldn't find her keys. I did fess up and what she said next was priceless...the button on her keyring doesn't set off the car alarm it sets off the alarm to her HOUSE!! Yep every time I pushed that little button it went straight to the alarm company that immediately dispatched the local PD. OH, can I tell you how hard I laughed. I thought it was funny when it was the car but the thought of them being in the house, the alarm going on and off and them having no idea as to what is going on...hysterical. Yeah I'm sure they won't forget about this moving experience...I hope you find it as funny as I did [they didn't ;0) ]

3 comments:

Rachel :O) said...

that's freakin hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

Your so mean! You know you only get like one freebie a year and then the alarm company fines you for each false alarm cause the PD is automatically dispatched each time.

Brea said...

oh sarah...I would have kicked your butt....I knew there was a reason I didn't live closer to you! TOO FUNNY!