Monday, October 6, 2008

Please pray for protection!

I know there are prayer warriors out there so I'm asking that you please add my cousin to your prayer list. His name is Philip and he is deploying to Saudi Arabia tomorrow for more training with the Army and then more than likely to Iraq. He is 27 and has only been in the military for a year or two so this was a big commitment for him. He is married to Teya and together they have 2 sweet little girls..Riley 3 (4 months younger than Gracie) and Aidyn 7 months, so you can imagine how hard this will be to leave them. He is supposed to be deployed for a year and we are praying that to hold true or even shortened. Here are the specifics I am asking prayer for:
1)PROTECTION!!
2)ignorance for his girls. Obviously Aidyn won't understand but Riley is a very smart little 3 year old and I just pray that as she hears things it won't make her scared for her daddy.
3)time to FLY by. I know they are going to miss him terribly and the quicker it feels the better.
4)Encouragement and help for Teya. I know I have those days when you're counting down the minutes until daddy gets home, however for the next year she doesn't have that nor does she have family there.
5)discernment for me. I hope this doesn't sound selfish but I know that God can use me to stir in my heart those times that maybe Teya just needs someone to listen. Please pray that I'm sensitive to that.

Also, as you pray for this family, remember there are hundreds of others just like them....pray for them too!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Praying for your cousin and his sweet family.

Anonymous said...

wow, what a call to serve. I will have your family in my prayers!