Sunday, October 19, 2008

Celebrities at the pumpkin patch

On Saturday the girls and I went to Honeysuckle Hill with some great friends. Jeremy was supposed to go but got called into work early that morning so his mom offered to keep Harrison for me (thanks Ninnie!) and let it be a girls day. We had so much fun!! I really wish I had pictures to share with you but I didn't realized the batteries in my camera were dead until we got there :( The girls LOVE the spider slide and yes mom loved it too. I seriously think they could have stayed on it ALL day long. We also saw all of the animals, "milked" a cow, played in the sand, went down the Monster slide, swung on the swings, went on a hayride, picked out pumpkins, and played in the Corn Corner (try saying that 3 times fast!). If you have not been it is definitely the place to go.

The other fun thing was that we got to see several of our friends there. Is it bad that you have to drive almost an hour to see people who live 5 minutes from you? One of the families we saw were the Biermans. Denver was on Next Great American Band last year so he was celebrity #1. We also saw many kids in costumes but you'll never guess who Carliegh saw there. The girls were playing in the Corn Box, a huge box full of nothing but corn kernels sort of like the balls kids play in. Like the balls you have to take your shoes off to get in. When it was time to go I went to sit Carliegh down on the ground to put her shoes back on. Back behind me was another woman in her early 20s with 2 little girls somewhere between 15 months and 2 years in strollers. These little girls were Hispanic and like other Hispanic kis had a head FULL of jet black hair. As Carleigh came over to put her shoes on she looked at the little girls and said DORA!!!! Ha! I quickly but calmly pulled her down to me and said no honey that's not Dora. I don't think the mom heard her but it is something I'll always remember.

3 comments:

Susan said...

We LOVED Honeysuckle Hill- so glad you guys had a fun day and what perfect weather for a pumpkin patch visit!

Amy said...

We had a GREAT time too. We did not expect to stay as long as we did, but we kept finding fun things to do!! It was a WONDERFUL day! BTW....the Dora incident made me laugh!!!!!!!!! That's an awesome kid story.

Anonymous said...

"Dora" is too funny! McKinley, probably 18-month'ish, had a little Asian boy in her class at church named Noah. I didn't know this yet. When we were looking at all the different babies in one of her books. She kept pointing to the little Asian boy and waved, "Hi Noah!" Then I found him in her class the next week and put it together. For the next 6+ months every time she saw a little Asian boy OR girl, she pointed and yelled, "There's Noah!"