Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Let the games begin!

Oh how I love this time of year. Flowers blooming, temperatures warm (except for this week), and then there's softball. I can't tell you how much I love to play this sport. I've been playing since I was 5 and I think I enjoy it more and more each year. For the past 7 or 8 years, minus last year since I was pregnant, I have played for our church's team and can I just tell you I LOVE the ladies that I play with. Last night was our first games of this season and it was awesome. It took us a little while to get warmed up but once we did we were on it. We won the first game 10-8 but the second game we blew them away with a score of 33-2. I caught for the first game and some of the second which made me a little nervous if I would even be able to walk this morning but to my surprise I'm not really all that sore. God is Good! One more thing.....I hit a home run!! Yep sure did. I think it was the best hit I have ever had. This is not the norm for me so don't be expecting to hear regular updates like this but I did want to share since I don't know when or if this will ever happen again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, wow! You go girl! Sounds like so much fun - I'm NO GOOD but I love to play too. Wish I were there playing too!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

I am a musician...not an athlete. A ball in play will always hit me. I suppose I would be good to take to a Major League Baseball game if you wanted to catch a foul ball. :) Good job on the home run! I know you can do it again!

Anonymous said...

I miss playing soooo much4! congrats on the wins.. slugger! Angela