Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm addicted

Admittance is the first step right? I have to admit that I have officially become addicted to the computer. There it's out... why don't I feel better? There are so many things that I could be doing (Bible study, cleaning, playing with the girls, etc.) but instead here I sit checking blogs, looking at MySpace, and just waiting for that little envelope to appear signaling I have a new email. Is it because I have small children at home and I use this as my adult conversation or because Satan would have nothing better than for me to sit here and type away? ARRRRR!! So here's what I need of you....please keep me accountable as to how much time I'm spending in front of this machine. It's okay to do things like blogging but when I do it more than the things that are God honoring, there's my problem. Thanks in advance!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would reccommend a fast for a few days and replace that time with the other things you listed. it really helped me out! - Ray

Brea said...

Hey girl! THANKS for checking out my blog...did you like our news!?!?!?!

We have got to get together...did you get my email?

Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're addicted or just bored with the regular routine of life right now? That cleaning, preparing, wiping hineys thing can get kind of hum-drum at times! I think this has been an outlet for you...one that you've come to appreciate.

But yes, time management is important! (SIGH):(

Thanks ALOT for the reminder......back to my laundry!!

Laura

Anonymous said...

I can certainly agree with your post, that too much time spent doing any one thing can be damaging. But something you wrote brought up a question to me. At the end of your post you say, "It's okay to do things like blogging but when I do it more than the things that are God honoring, there's my problem."

So, your sentence actually states that blogging can't be God honoring. Is that what you're trying to say?

Certainly, blogging or being on the computer all day is probably not the best use of anyone's time. But that doesn't mean that blogging is a "worldly" activity while playing with your kids or going to Church is somehow a "godly" activity. It all belongs to Him...church, kids, the blogosphere...everything!!! If we're operating in His kingdom, then ANYTHING we are involved in has the potential to be God-honoring...so long as our heart is right.

I know you well enough that you probably didn't mean it the way it came across...but if anyone is going to give you a hard time about it...it's going to be me!!!! (By the way, welcome to my Blog roll.)

Sarah said...

Aaron you're right I didn't mean it the way it may have come across. For me I meant that sometimes I CONSUME my day with blogs and such that I miss those teachable moments. I truly believe blogging can be God honoring as seen in several of my friends blogs (yours included). I'm sorry to anyone who may have been offended by that statement. Thanks for giving me a hard time as usualand IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!