Monday, December 1, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

...having to do with a baby. In no particular order these are things that I have deemed as must haves with children that nobody tells you about.

1. Mighty Tite. You know how difficult it can be trying to get your car seat secured tightly in your car. Well this little gadget works AMAZING and you won't believe how tight it gets!!!!

2. Safety 1st curve gate. We have steps that go down off of our kitchen into our laundry room which also leads to the garage. I have been using a standard gate but it was a pain in the butt to put up, move, climb over, etc. I saw this gate at Babies R' Us and now I'm in love with it. It swings open and has a small ledge to stand...much safer and friendlier.

3.Hand held shower head. You may think I have lost my mind on this one but it just may be the new thing I give at baby showers. It really doesn't benefit you as much until your kids are walking and then it will be your best friend, especially if you have a girl.

4.Storage basket in the car. It doesn't matter what kind you get but I highly recommend having something. I have one that slides under the middle seat of the van that I keep some toys for the kid in. It makes trips easier when you can just lean over, grab something out of the bin, and throw it to them. It also saves time not having to remember to pack toys in your bag and then end up having a toy box in your car.

Well that's all I can think of for now....what are some of your "must haves"?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea with the toy box basket in your car. I need to do that!
I would say the must haves in the Stamper household will be the endless amount of Glad Plug In's we have. With two boys in the "man cave" (aka the bonus room), you have to either have a gas mask or glade. They are very addicting to have and I love getting different scents. Anything to plug out the man smell, especially the 12 year old 6th grader smell:0(
blahhhhh
Take care girl.
Maggie

Susan said...

LOVE the Mighty Tite and the hand held shower head.
My number one can't do without is my dustbuster.

Alison said...

My favorite right now and since Maggie has been old enough to be drinking/eatting in her carseat is the car friendly container of Wet Ones. I hate the way my hands feel after going to the store and touching the buggies. With these, they fit in your normal cupholder and dispense one at a time. I got them at Target and they are great for a quick spill or a dirty face. I am a teacher, so you know I hate germs. It is just one of my favorite things!

Great post!

Alie

Heather said...

wipes and diapers are a must have for me!! :) and a diaper bag to carry them around, creative I know, I am too tired to think.

Brea said...

I personally loved the Bumbo seat. They didn't have those when my older three were little. We definitely got our money's worth out of that sucker. I also love the hard rubber bibs with the catcher on the bottom. My absolute favorite is the diaper deals at Walgreens! Does that count? So many great things.

Anonymous said...

We have a hand-held shower head in all our bathrooms. Love them! And I HAVE to get the Mighty Tite. I can never get the seats tight enough. Things we can't do without are the extra fridge and deep freezer. With 8 mouths to feed (well, technically 6, the twins are still nursing)we have to stock up on deals when we find them! btw - I found your blog at Brea's, hope you don't mind comments from strangers!