Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our little visitor

Last week I had an unexpected guest on my front porch. As I started to walk up the stairs to go check my email I noticed something odd next to one of our columns. My first thought was "what in the world has someone left me?" then I thought it might be a cat since we've had a couple of neighbor cats coming over. Nope it wasn't that. I looked a little closer and thought oh no it's a skunk! since it was wrapped up in a ball, but luckily it wasn't that either. Believe it or not i had a raccoon on my porch!!!! He was really cute and almost seemed domesticated. I refused to go on the porch but did open the door and put my hand to the glass in which he put his up there too. It was a fun day having Toby around and I almost miss him. Here are some pictures of our friendly visitor.








3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! Seems like some one feeds him. Just be careful. We had skunks like that where we used to live.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah one more thing, my in-laws had the same thing happen to them. However, make sure if you see any Raccoon droppings that you wash it off your porch immediately with a hose pipe. Their poop is harmful to the human lungs due to parasites.

Heather said...

Did you let him in? he is so cute!! It makes me miss being there and in that neighborhood. I would have kept him, loved him and named him bubba. Did your girls love him?