Monday, December 29, 2008

Mommy to Mommy

Ok people I need HELP with this one. I don't care if you read and never comment. I don't care if we know each other, you're a friend of a friend, or just snooping around~ I need some input!

In case you're wondering YES it has to with Carleigh AGAIN. Go ahead laugh because that is what she makes me do most of the day but there is 1 particular time of the day that I could very well lose my mind (have I watched Jon and Kate plus 8 a little too much??!!??).

So here's the deal...how do you make a 2 year old sleep in HER bed? Since she was about 15 months old I guess Carleigh would literally flip herself out of her crib. So once we moved into the house she got a big girl bed. She did really well with it for a long time, well once we moved the beds together so she wouldn't fall out, but lately it's been a nightmare getting her to sleep in her bed. It started with her coming and getting in the bed occassionally and then it went to every night. I had enough of that and would then put her on the couch. Oh that lasted about 2 nights. I finally got smart and put Gracie's nap mat for MDO last year on the floor with a sheet, blanket, and pillow. I kid you not, Carliegh comes down EVERY night, gets on the mat and goes back to sleep.

It's not really that big of deal except I hate that she has a perfectly good bed upstairs and she's sleeping on the floor. It also bothers me because it's like she needs to be by me. Don't get me wrong I love the fact that she loves her momma but I'm scared she may be a little too attached, however she does fine going into her classes at church.

So what do you think...should I be concerned or just let it go???

4 comments:

TinyJr said...

Ok, I am not a Mommy, BUT:

I was always Mr, "No way in hell are they sleeping in my bed!" But, really, what are we thinking? Families used to only have one room for sleeping in, and somewhere along the way, some joker said that was bad for our kids physicie! I think not!

Enjoy it, in fact, treasure it. I promise it will stop and if you need some alone time with Jeremy, just tell them "Not tonight" as you trot them back to their room!

All is good. I would let it go! We have!

Anonymous said...

Hey! :) Your ol' pal Heather here!

I agree with TinyJr. It's probably just a phase that she will grow out of but they are just little once. Besides, who doesn't love snuggling with their baby girls? :) Delaney kind of went through that, but she luckily sleeps the night away in her own bed now.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I have a 4 year old that still sleeps with us! Cody has always done great with the crib and transitioning into the big boy bed. We have Kayla's little girl bed beside our bed but most of the time she still wants to sleep with us!
AW

Anonymous said...

All I know is I watched SuperNanny train the parents to return the child to bed, no matter how many times. Eventually it will break this habit which I hear is a hard one to break.