Sunday, November 9, 2008

New business adventure

I have really wanted to do some decorating since we moved in to make our house feel more like a home but with 3 little ones it sort of makes it hard to even work part time somewhere to get the funds to do so. Then a couple of weeks ago an idea sprung into my head about a way that I could earn a little money here and there...some ME money. I have been selling a few items on Craigslist and have heard a few times from people that they would love to do it but just don't have to time. AH HA!! I decided that I could start selling peoples stuff for them and doing a split depending on if they brought it to me or if I went and picked it up. I had literally just told Jeremy my thoughts when the very next day I got a call asking if I would be interested in doing this very thing. Come to find out the mother of a friend of mine is cleaning out her attic and wanted to have a yard sale and/or put stuff on Craigslist. Immediately I said YES! and will be having a yard sale THIS Friday and Saturday. We will have a little bit of everything so if you can come by and say hello. Oh and if you'd like to come and help me with it let me know...I could definitely use the help.

This is my test run so depending on how it goes, I'll decide if it's something I really want to pursue. I do know though that yard sales will not be regular but due to the mere amount of stuff this time it was inevitable.

1 comment:

Rachel Wilson said...

#1 Thank you for coming on Friday night. It was so good to see you.

#2 I am a newly addicted and now self proclaiming YARD Sale Junkie!
I have found some amazing high end pieces for the house at yard sales for next to nill. So I want to know about this yard sale saturday for sure.