Saturday, July 14, 2007

We fought hard

This past Tuesday was the championship game for the women's league at H'ville Drakes Creek. I've played on my church team for 7 years now (minus 1 year off b/c I was pregnant with Carleigh). We have a great team and it is always fun to play..hey what better way to shed a couple of those baby pounds?!?! It seems like each year or nearly every year it comes down to LH vs. 1st Baptist for the championship. In 2005 after 3 hard fought games in the rain LH came out victorious. We had aspirations of that again this year but at the end of 7 innings the score was 7-6~1st Baptist. Hey we can't win them all but is sure was an exciting game and as the old saying goes.."there's always next year" and we're hungry for the T-shirt!!!

4 comments:

Rachel :O) said...

AMEN SISTA!! I SOOO want that t-shirt next year...even maybe for co-ed! See ya later. :O)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, you know that you have a beautiful smile hiding in there somewhere?!!
way to go!! Maybe next year I will jump on board and play!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Aww, I miss softball. I think I have been out of it so long that I would never be able to play now! HA! Love the pics of the girls too! So cute! :)

Anonymous said...

"If you ain't first...you're last" - Ricky Bobby

Aaron