Thursday, June 12, 2008

CVS trip #2


Yesterday I went for my second try at this CVS thing and to be honest I was quite pleased. If I can continue to get these kind of deals this is something I'm going to stick with. Here is the rundown of what I got (in 2 separate transactions):

#1:
4 Nivea shaving gels~2.99 each
1 Fusion Razor~9.99
total~21.95
minus $3 off $15
minus $11 coupons (2-$4/2 Nivea and $3 razor)-should have been $4 for razor but I'll take 3!
minus $3 ECB from trip #1
final total~5.43 with $9 in ECB

#2:
2-Dove deodorants~2/$5
2-Dove bar soap 2pk~2/$5
Dove shampoo & conditioner B1G1~4.99
2-Sea Breeze B1G1~4.99
Oral B toothbrushes 2pk~6.99
Atkins bar~1.00
Crest toothpaste~1.99
ALS donation~1.00
total~30.96
minus $4 off $20
minus $8.85 coupons
minus $9 ECB from transaction #1
final total~$10.67 with 9.99 in ECB

What I learned is that you have to go in with a plan. I spent some time going through the weekly and monthly sales ad with my coupons to see what the best deals were. I was very pleased that I was able to get everything I went in for. The best part is that between the 2 transactions I was able to save $57!!

on a sidenote...after the fact I realized that I could have done another deal or 2 that I wanted to share. If you purchase the Oral B toothbrushes for 6.99 you get 6.99 back in ECBs, so if you do all separate transactions you can then take the 6.99 ECB to purchase them "free" only paying tax~ I think there is a limit of 5. For those of you who have been doing this longer, is this right?!

Anyone else get any great deals this week?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Sarah! You got it! Which CVS did you go to? That's awesome! Isn't it fun to get such great deals?

Sarah said...

I am on such a high right now, I can't wait to see what all is on sale next week!! I went to Rivergate...thanks for the heads up on that one!!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! You should go to Walgreen's today. If you go on their website you can get a $5 off coupon when you spend $20 or more. I just came back from there today (the deal is only for today though). I got a lot of pampers and huggies. Check out the blog that I did for today, if you read this in time.
It feels wierd buying baby items. It's slowly kicking in that I'm going to have a baby soon!

Anonymous said...

This is amazing. Can I come over for a demonstration??

My deal for the week....using my gift certificate from Christmas for my anniversary at Ruth's Chris Steak House. Yummy!!

Laura