Tuesday, October 2, 2007

1st day of school

So being the good mom that I am, I kept my promise to Gracie about being able to go to school when she got fully potty trained and enrolled her last week! She has done such a great job going potty all by herself and only having 1 accident in the past 2 weeks that I knew I HAD to keep my promise. I was a little worried about finding a spot for her since most programs started mid-August but God had it all worked out. I called the private school here in White House because I have heard great things about them and it's only 5 minutes from the house. I really thought that they would tell me they were full but luckily one of the little girls that was in the class didn't transition well so they had moved her to her mom's room leaving an opening for Gracie!! I know I shouldn't be excited that it didn't work out well for the little girl but I am so excited that Gracie gets to go to this school. We went and toured the school on Wednesday and she had her first offical day today. I think that she really LOVED it. She told be all about going on the playground, coloring, learning about "B" in the alphabet. The funniest story though was her telling me she didn't listen and obey. "You didn't?" I asked her. She said "no, I didn't lay down and take a nap". Oh well if that's the worst of it I think I can live with that. Here are a couple of pictures of her with her packback as she calls it:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gracie,

Ninnie & Pop are so proud of you; your such a big girl. I love your backpack and how sweet you look on your 1st day of school. Remember you are going to make Ninnie a picture.

Carleigh,

Glad you had a good day for your birthday celebration. I can't believe you are already 1 year old. I know you enjoyed that cake!!!

We love both our girls! God has truly blessed us and you two have brought so much joy to our lives.

Love you both,

Ninnie & Pop

Anonymous said...

Good Lord that backpack is huge Sarah!! I picture the scene from Runaway Bride when Julia Roberts puts on the hiking backpack and falls backward on the floor!!

I love her outfit by the way, she looks very cute!!

Also love the birthday cakes that your friend made for Carleigh, too cute!!! And I thought that backyard looked familiar as well!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so cute. Love the blog spot. Your girls are just growing and growing to beautiful girls.
Take care,
Maggie
Daniel4:2

Anonymous said...

I don't want them to grow up...These pics are so sweet. I love the packback...heeheehee

Carleigh is so sweet too. I can't believe she is already one! Your a great mommy, Sarah!

Miriam Naomi Brant said...

How Sweet! I must agree with Heather though.....that is an awfully big "packback". :) I'm loving the fact that she started to be a big girl just to go to school. A lesson to parents...be careful what you bargin with your kids on. Education is a plus....$$$$ not so good in my case. :)

Love ya girls!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Laura