Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer's coming

In some ways it hardly seems possible that summer is upon us. I mean between the snow, the rain, and Spring Break it seems as though the kids hardly went to school after Christmas break. Nonetheless, it IS here so the proverbial question is...what shall we do for the next 8 weeks? Because of Jeremy's schedule this year there is really no way we're actually going to GO on a vacation but I would like to make it fun and special for the kids. Especially since Gracie starts Kindergarten in the fall. I have a few things in mind but would really like your help coming up with some as well. Here are the guidelines:
#1-needs to be in the Nashville area. I don't mind driving but I don't want to be in the car for 2 hours going 1 way with 4 pre-schoolers.
#2-needs to be cost effective
#3-needs to be suitable for pre-schoolers

As for what I already have planned (or hope to be able to do)...the free movie @ Regal Cinemas, a new park each week, and swimming.

What fun things do you plan on doing this summer?

1 comment:

Pam said...

Sounds like you already have a great start on the planning. There is also a place called Lucky Ladds farm. Sounds like fun. It is about an hour from you in Eagleville Tn. Been thinking I would take Caleb this summer at some point. $8.00 per adult and kids above 2. Under 2will be free.