Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fall is in the air

Well the consignment sale is officially over and although I'm excited to get into a "normal" routine again I think I'm more excited about all the fall things in store. Spring and Fall are my 2 favorite seasons primarily for the weather but also for the opportunity to get out and about with out freezing my butt off or burning up. Each year gets a little more fun as the girls and even Harrison get a little older and can do just a little more. I really look forward to taking them to the pumpkin patch this year, outings to the zoo in the crisp air, and just playing outside. what fun fall activities do you and your family enjoy?

The other reason I love fall is for the food. I admit I have a REALLY hard time planning dinners in the summer. When it's hot outside I have no desire to cook but once the weather turns a little cool my mind starts thinking about chili, soups, and casseroles. I am so ready to get back into a regular dinnertime routine. I have a couple of stand bys but I would love to have some new recipes this fall. So yes, unapologetically, I am asking for new recipes...what does your family love? What have you found that is quick, easy, and tasty? One of my favorites is Chicken Taco Soup...I'll post the recipe in the comments section. I can't wait to see what new things I can try~

1 comment:

Audrey said...

ok for the longest time i couldn't get to your blog! now i'm so glad to be able to get back on it :)