Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm going to give it a try

First let me say that I just LOVE Google Reader! Thank you Carrie for introducing it to me and also for this blog telling us how to set it up. Since I set it up I've added several websites that explain how to save you money and have now become very motivated to try the "Grocery Game". I plan on starting out small as to not get overwhelmed but hope to be able to start saving our family lots of money.

It's not that I haven't tried to save money in the past, I do use coupons and look for sale items, but I just can't get over the deals that are out there. The straw that broke the camel's back is when Ashley recently shared this post laying out her methods of couponing and the website she uses. These have now also been added to the reader and I'm pumped about trying this new "game" (calling it a game makes it sound more fun, right?).

So to those of you already playing...what are your secrets? are certain days better to shop than others? certain locations better than others?

2 comments:

Susan said...

You go, Sarah! Can't wait to hear how much you save and see some of your deals!

Anonymous said...

I also use the Google Reader, and there are 20 (!) bargain shopping blogs I subscribe to...I just couldn't stop adding them!

My favorite places to shop are Kroger and Walgreen's. (Since we don't have a CVS nearby, I only make occasional trips to the one in H-Vegas.) I love the EasySaver Rebates at Walgreen's (because they can be submitted online) and also the Register Rewards, which you can keep rolling into new deals.

My latest endeavor has been loading digital coupons onto my Kroger Plus card, and combining those with sales and manufacturer coupons...I will e-mail you the websites, and also a couple of pictures of my most recent trips!

Happy Saving! :)