Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Don't throw stones

One of my favorite shows is Jon and Kate plus 8 on TLC. I know some people don't care for it because of how Kate acts and I respect that. However what makes me a little upset is how quick people are to throw stones at this family. Sure they aren't your "typical" family, they have more than 2 kids that yes they used fertility treatments. Yes Kate can be a little harsh when speaking to her husband. Yes maybe Jon is a little more mellow than what a man is supposed to be. And yes I'm sure they are getting some kick backs on endorsements. But none of this I believe warrants the judgements being thrown at them from all across the country. During last night's episode they showed sneak peeks for next week and honestly my heart is breaking for this family. You can tell the mood has changed, it's serious, and not comical. Honestly I've read rumors as to what it might be and that in and of itself is what I think the subject is...RUMORS, tabloids. My heart here is to say that whether you love, hate or are indifferent to the show~ no family, person, or relationship is perfect...don't throw stones. They are trying to raise their kids the best they can...PRAY for them!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this show too! Kate is drama but I would be too. I am drama with 2 kids.
Amy Williams

Amy said...

I'm TOTALLY agree. And not to sound super-spiritual.....but their family has really been on my heart lately.....I've been praying for them. They've got LOTS of pressure on them and NO ONE will ever understand exactly what that feels like.

I agree......back off, people ;o)

Brea said...

I guess I am on the opposite side of the fence. I personally don't buy into any of the crap you read in the tabloids, but I think that's what happens when you become famous (right or wrong). Yes, should the tabloids leave them alone...ABSOLUTELY! But, they chose to make their entire lives public (which I strongly disagree with...the children are too young to decide if they should have their entire lives including poop in their potties shown to the world). I guess I just feel like they want the best of both worlds...the money, kickbacks from sponsors, etc. and yet they get upset when people approach them in public, won't leave them alone, etc.

I agree we should PRAY for them, but I also believe that both Jon and Kate made the decision to have their entire lives public and now they don't like the consequences.

I am also one that doesn't like the way she talks to her husband and I think that if Jon talked to Kate the way she talks to him, the show would have been over before it even started.

Great topic, friend, and thanks for reminding me to pray for this family, especially their poor children who don't yet realize the impact this show will have on them the rest of their lives.